Within this webpage you will find the following information:
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
Our Cookies Policy can be found in a separate document.
If you require more information, please contact us at: [email protected]
Welcome to Tuft Global Limited’s privacy notice.
This privacy notice provides information on how Tuft Global Limited (we, us, our) collects and processes your personal data when you use our app to sign up, or to purchase a product or service.
The Floof App is not intended for children, and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children
- Important information and who we are
We are the controller and responsible for your personal data.
We have appointed a data privacy manager. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or our data protection practices please contact the data privacy manager.
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Tuft Global Limited
Name or title of data privacy manager: Chloe Smith
Email address: [email protected]
- The data we collect about you
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data, which includes your first name, maiden name, last name, and username or similar identifier.
- Contact Data, which includes your postal address, email address and telephone number.
- Transaction Data, which includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased via our App.
- Technical Data, which includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website
- Profile Data, which includes your username.
- Usage Data, which includes information about how you use our website, products and services
- Marketing and Communications Data, which includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
We use two methods to collect data about you.
You either provide the data yourself when you sign up to use the Floof App, and for our business users we collect data from Google business listings and public websites.
- How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
We will only use your personal data for the purpose for which we collected it which include the following:
- To register you as a new customer/business user.
- If you are a business user, to enable potential purchasers of products or services from you to contact you in relation to those potential purchases.
- To process and deliver your order.
- To help you find potential dog grooming services/dog grooming customers in your area.
- To manage your relationship with us.
- To improve our website, products/services, marketing or customer relationships.
- To recommend products or services which may be of interest to you.
How we share your personal data
We will share your data with our team members to enable them to add your contact details to our app so that potential purchasers of products or services from you can contact you.
We may share your personal data with an external third party which provides technical services to us so that we can run the Floof App and to keep it up to date. They will only use your personal data so that it can be uploaded to the Floof App and for no other purpose.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We may transfer, store and process your personal data outside the UK.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data including the right to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK regulator for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.